Bruno Sánchez-Andrade Nuño. Coming to the startup world from science and with mix of innovation for development.
- Astrophysics and rocket scientist by training: not afraid of getting deep into coding and complex problems.
- Worked with the president of the World Bank on Innovation from developing countries.
- I was a very early employee (and Chief Scientist) at Mapbox when we grew from 10 to 100 employees.
- VP Social Impact at Satellogic, which builds and operates space satellites from Argentina.
- I do consulting on "Impact Science”, merging data science and social impact ( impactscience.dev ). Has led me to work in Bhutan, UAE, London, South Africa, Kenya, …
More of my Bruno's CV at cv.brunosan.eu
Extensive experience in:
- Product mindset on data Analysis, deep tech, and solving hard problems on calibration, remote sensing, integration testing, …
- Building open-source based businesses. Breaking the assumption that open data or open source are incompatible with for profit business.
- Doing social impact as part of business development. How to responding to humanitarian emergencies like the Ebola outbreak, supporting refugees, without too costly “distraction” from corporate KPIs.
- Finding innovative growth/branding/revenue sources. Going beyond direct pricing.
- Bootstrapped innovation.
- Managing scientists.
- Data product MVP, prototyping.
- Developer programs (growing the market vs growing marketshare).
- Flipped learning, circular learning, … how to create collaborative learning.